This policy is effective as of 17 March 2023.
Last updated: 17 March 2021
Information We Collect
Personal information: is information or an opinion, whether true or not and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual who is identified or reasonably identifiable.
The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
'Automatically collected' information refers to any information automatically sent by your devices in the course of accessing our products and services.
- Identity Data including first name, middle name, last name, date of birth, business name.
- Contact Data including email address, business email address and address.
- Financial Data including bank account and payment card details.
- Purchasing Data including your order history for any businesses that are on the Gooie Platform.
- Background Verification Data including your photographic identification or other details requested as part of our verification process to comply with our due diligence obligations, anti-money laundering laws and related ongoing monitoring commitments.
- Transaction Data including details about payments to you from us and from you to us and other details of products and services you have purchased from us or we have purchased from you.
- Technical and Usage Data including internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour, information about your access and use of our website, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our website, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
- Profile Data including your username and password for the Gooie platform, profile picture, support requests you have made, content you post, send receive and share through our platform, information you have shared with our social media platforms, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
Sensitive information is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection. Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information. Unless otherwise permitted by law, we will not collect sensitive information about you without first obtaining your consent.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including:
- Directly: We collect personal information which you directly provide to us, including when you register for an account on the Gooie platform, make recommendations on the Gooie platform, through the ‘contact us’ form on our website or when you request our assistance via email, or over the telephone.
- Indirectly: We may collect personal information which you indirectly provide to us while interacting with us, such as when you use our website, in emails, over the telephone and in your online enquiries.
- From publicly available sources: We collect personal data from publicly available resources such as the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC).